Generation No. 1
1. Levin1 Waterfield was born Abt. 1819 in Knotts Island, Currituck Co, NC1, and died Bef. 1870, probably in Knotts Island, Currituck Co, NC2,3. He married Clarissa Etheridge 1848 in Knotts Island, Currituck Co, NC, daughter of Joseph Etheridge. She was born Bet. 1827 - 1830 in North Carolina4,5,6,7, and died 05 Aug 1882 in Norfolk Co, VA8. She is buried in Elmwood Cemetery, Norfolk, Va.
1850 Currituck Co, NC Census, Knotts Island, p. 180, #377-377
Children of Levin Waterfield and Clarissa Etheridge are:
+ 2 i. Belinda A.2 Waterfield, born Abt. 1849 in Knotts Island, Currituck Co, NC; died 25 Jan 1918 in Norfolk Co, VA.
3 ii. Lydia Waterfield, born Abt. 1855 in Knotts Island, Currituck Co, NC9,10.
+ 4 iii. William Levin Waterfield, born 15 Dec 1865 in Knotts Island, Currituck Co, NC; died 15 Sep 1926 in Norfolk, VA.
Generation No. 2
2. Belinda A.2 Waterfield (Levin1) was born Abt. 1849 in Knotts Island, Currituck Co, NC11,12,13, and died 25 Jan 1918 in Norfolk Co, VA. She married William J. McLean Bef. 1870 in St. Paul Episcopal Church, Norfolk, VA14. He was born Bet. 1846 - 1847 in Virginia15,16, and died 02 Mar 1883 in Norfolk Co, VA. They are buried in Elmwood Cemetery, Norfolk, Va.
The Virginian Pilot, January 26, 1918; Mrs. Balinda A. McLean, Mrs. Balinda A. McLean, widow of William A. McLean, died yesterday morning at the Norfolk Protestant hospital. Mrs. McLean was 66 years of age. She was a native of North Carolina and had lived in Norfolk for 40 years. She is survived by three sons, William J. McLean of San Antonio, Texas; H. O. McLean a paymaster, U. S. N. and Otto B. McLean of this city. Three daughters also survive the deceased, Mrs. R. D. Carter and Miss Bessie L. McLean, both of Norfolk, and Mrs. W. R. Lyman, of Washington. Funeral services will be conducted by Rev. M. B. Marshall of St. andrew's Episcopal church at the home of the deceased at 1039 Westover avenue, this afternoon at 3:30 o'clock. Interment in Elmwood cemetery.
1870 Norfolk Co, VA Census, 4th Ward, p. 288, #753-978, Machinist
Children of Belinda Waterfield and William McLean are:
5 i. Annie Lula3 McLean, born 187016.
6 ii. Belinda McLean, born 1872; died 1873.
7 iii. Alice McLean, born 31 Oct 1874; died 13 Sep 1875.
8 iv. Fannie McLean, born Abt. 1876; died 1882.
Burial: Elmwood Cemetery, Norfolk, Norfolk Co, VA
9 v. Bessie Lee McLean, born 12 Aug 1878; died 15 Apr 1956 in Pocomoke City, MD.
Burial: Elmwood Cemetery, Norfolk, Norfolk Co, VA
10 vi. Catherine McLean, born Abt. 1880.
4. William Levin2 Waterfield (Levin1) was born 15 Dec 1865 in Knotts Island, Currituck Co, NC17,18,19,20,21, and died 15 Sep 1926 in Norfolk, VA22. He married Sarah Virginia Petree Abt. 188623,24, daughter of James Petree and Mary Brown. She was born 28 Jan 1865 in Princess Anne Co, VA24,25,26,27, and died 04 May 1944 in Norfolk, VA. They are buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Norfolk, VA.
1890 Norfolk City Directory, clk, 510 Church, h. 515 Church
The Virginian Pilot, Deaths, September 16, 1926, William Levin Waterfield, aged 60 years, died at his residence, 716 Woodis Avenue, yesterday afternoon at 4:35 o'clock, after an illness of more than five years. He was born at Knotts Island, N. C., but had lived in Norfolk practically all of his life. he was the son of the late levin and Clarissa Waterfield, and is survived by his wife, Mrs. Sarah Virginia Waterfield, and four sons, Harry C., W. L. Jr., and Elmer L. waterfield of this city, and James F. Waterfield of New York City. Eight grandchildren also survive him. He was a member of Black Hawk Trive, I. O. R. M. and the Royal Arcanum. Funeral services for Mr. Waterfield will be held at the funeral home of E. Lee cox & Brother, 631 Westover avenue, corner Manteo street, Friday afternoon at 3:30 o'clock. Burial will be in Forest Lawn Cemetery.
The Virginian Pilot, William Levin Waterfield -- Funeral services for William Levin Waterfield, who died at his home, 716 Woodis avenue, Wednesday afternoon, were held at the funeral home of E. Lee Cox & Bro., 631 Westover avenue, yesterday afternoon at 3:30 o'clock. The Rev. R. B. Grinnan, D. D., and the Rev. W. H. T. Squires, D. D. co-pastors of Colley-Knox Presbyterian Church, conducted the services. Mrs. Belle Fisher White sand "The Old Rugged Cross." accompanied by Mrs. Edward Johnson and Mrs. J. Carloton Hudson sang "Face to Face." Black Hawk Trive, I. O. R. M. attended in a body and conducted ritualistic services at the grave. The pallbearers were Royal Wright, Edward Fritzinger, Charles H. Cook, James F. Larkins, William B. Newstead, John L. Ralph, A. M. McIvor, F. L. Mance, William Belcher, W. T. White, Z. V. Harding, C. H. Lee, John Schomaker, the last two representing the Red Men. Burial was in Forest Lawn Cemetery.
Virginian Pilot, Friday May 5, 1944; Deaths, Mrs. Sarah Virginia Petree Waterfield, 70, widow of William E. Waterfield died at a local hospital last night at 10 o'clock after a long illness. She was born in Princess Anne County and had been a resident of Norfolk for the past 60 years. She was the daughter of the late James Edward and Mary Brown Petree. Surviving her are three sons, W. L., E. L. and J. F. Waterfield, a half-brother William Petree, all of Norfolk; a half-sister Mrs. Annie Diggs of West Palm Beach, Fla.; 11 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. The body was taken to the James V. Derry Funeral Chapel.
Norfolk Virginia Pilot, Saturday, May 6, 1944, p. 3; Mrs. Sarah Virginia Petrie Waterfield - Funeral services for Mrs. Waterfield will be conducted in the James V. Derry Funeral Chapel Sunday afternoon at 3:30 o'clock. Interment will be in Forest Lawn Cemetery.
Norfolk Virginian Pilot, Monday, May 8, 1944, p. 9; Mrs. Sarah Virginia Petrie Waterfield - Funeral services for Mrs. Waterfield were conducted yesterday at 3:30 p. m. in the James V. Derry Funeral Chapel by the Rev. P. Rowland Wagner. Pallbearers were Mice Munder, R. L. Whitehead, C. W. Basnight, W. J. Stewart, H. A. Council and T. A. Brown. Burial, Forest Lawn Cemetery.
Children of William Levin Waterfield and Sarah Virginia Petree are:
11 i. Harry Clyde3 Waterfield, born Feb 1888 in Norfolk, VA28; died 1937 in Norfolk, VA. He married Virginia; born Abt. 1891 in Virginia29.
1920 Norfolk Co, VA Census, 720 Front Street, Precint 15, p. 166, ED 106, Sheet 2A, #22-26, Cotton Tier
+ 12 ii. William Levern Waterfield, born Dec 1894 in Norfolk Co, VA; died 1959. He is buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Norfolk, Va.
+ 13 iii. Elmer Leroy Waterfield, born 12 Jun 1894 in Norfolk, VA; died 20 Jun 1975 in Norfolk, VA.
14 iv. James Waterfield, born Abt. 1902 in Norfolk Co, VA30,31.
Generation No. 3
12. William Levern3 Waterfield (William Levin2, Levin1) was born Dec 1894 in Norfolk Co, VA32, and died 1959. He married Ruth Abt. 191833. She was born 1900 in Virginia33, and died 1976.
1920 - Enumerated in the Norfolk Co, VA household of his father
Children of William Levern Waterfield and Ruth are:
15 i. William Mc.4 Waterfield, born Abt. 1919 in Norfolk Co, VA33.
16 ii. Evelyn M. Waterfield, born Abt. 1921 in Norfolk Co, VA34.
17 iii. Mildred M. Waterfield, born Abt. 1924 in Norfolk Co, VA34.
18 iv. Edward E. Waterfield, born Abt. 1927 in Norfolk Co, VA34.
13. Elmer Leroy3 Waterfield (William Levin2, Levin1) was born 12 Jun 1894 in Norfolk, VA35,36,37,38,39, and died 20 Jun 1975 in Norfolk, VA40,41. He married Irene May Bowen 24 Aug 1915 in Norfolk Co, VA42, daughter of Joseph Bowen and Clara Frances Haynie. She was born 13 Aug 1899 in Northumberland Co, VA43,44,45,46, and died 23 Jul 1994 in Norfolk, VA47,48. They are buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Norfolk, VA.
1920 - Enumerated in the Norfolk Co, VA household of his father Levin
Children of Elmer Leroy Waterfield and Irene May Bowen are:
19 i. Clara Elizabeth4 Waterfield, born 23 Aug 1915 in Norfolk, Norfolk Co, VA48,49,50; died 08 Jan 1981 in Williamsburg, VA51. She married William Edward Hickman 01 Jun 1935 in Norfolk, VA; born 26 Feb 1913 in Norfolk, Norfolk Co, VA52,53; died 01 Sep 1973 in Norfolk, Norfolk Co, VA53. They are buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Norfolk, VA.
20 ii. Irvin L. Waterfield.
21 iii. Mary Belinda Waterfield
1. 1850 Currituck Co, NC Census.
04/02/2006 10:54:24 PM