Are these Knight families related? James K. P. Knight appears to have come from a family that lived on or very near the Mississippi / Alabama line. His wife was from Sumter Co, AL. Arthur B. Knight's son Henry Clay Knight lived the latter years of his life in Kemper Co, MS, which adjoins Sumter Co, AL. Henry Clay Knight is pictured left with his wife Willie Ann Boler.
Descendants of Arthur B. Knight
Generation No. 1
1. Arthur B.1 Knight was born Abt. 1813 in Edgecombe Co, NC1, and died Bet. 1850 - 1852. He married (1) Lavinie Booth 13 Feb 1834 in Edgecombe Co, NC2. She died Bet. 1836 - 18372. He married (2) Susan D. Summerlin 09 Oct 1838 in Sumter Co, AL2. She was born 18 Jan 1821 in Edgecombe Co, NC3,4,5, and died 02 Nov 1876 in Epps, Sumter Co, AL5.
1850 Sumter Co, AL, Jones Bluff, p. 297, #624-624, Farmer, 2000
Child of Arthur B. Knight and Lavinie Booth is:
2 i. William L.2 Knight, born 11 Feb 1836 in Edgecombe Co, NC6,7,8,9; died 18 Jan 1878 in Sumter Co, AL10,11. Burial: Shady Grove Cemetery, Near Warsaw, Sumter Co, AL
1870 Sumter Co, AL Census, p. 410, #225-225
Children of Arthur B. Knight and Susan Summerlin are:
+ 3 i. Henry Clay2 Knight, born 19 Jul 1842 in Epps, Sumter Co, AL; died in Kemper Co, MS.
+ 4 ii. Lewis Arthur Knight, born 04 Nov 1844 in Epps, Sumter Co, AL; died 1902 in Sumter Co, AL.
5 iii. Benjamin Franklin Knight, born 31 Jan 1847 in Epps, Sumter Co, AL11.
6 iv. Benjamin William Knight, born 17 Feb 1849 in Epps, Sumter Co, AL12,13.
Generation No. 2
3. Henry Clay2 Knight (Arthur B.1)14 was born 19 Jul 1842 in Epps, Sumter Co, AL15,16,17,18, and died in Kemper Co, MS. He married (1) Sallie. She was born Abt. 1846 in Alabama19. He married (2) Fannie H. Bef. 188320. She was born Abt. 1848 in Alabama21. He married (3) Willie Ann Boler Abt. 189722,23, daughter of James Boler and Mary Josephine Camber. She was born 10 Dec 1856 in Scott Co, MS24,25,26, and died 13 Nov 1923 in Kemper Co, MS27,28. Burial: Enondale Memorial Cemetery, Kemper Co, MS
1870 Sumter Co, AL Census, Livingston PO, Jones Bluff, Beat 11,
p. 337, #63-63, Farmer
Co. D Jeff Davis Legion CSA
Children of Henry Knight and Sallie are:
7 i. James3 Knight, born Abt. 1867 in Alabama29.
8 ii. Davy Knight, born Abt. 1870 in Alabama29.
Children of Henry Knight and Fannie H. are:
9 i. Mary Jane3 Knight, born Abt. 1879 in Alabama30.
10 ii. Aurthur Knight, born Abt. 1880 in Alabama30.
11 iii. Velma Knight, born Feb 188331.
Child of Henry Knight and Willie Ann Boler is:
+ 12 i. Eva P.3 Knight, born Oct 1897 in Prob. Kemper Co, MS; died 20 Apr 2000 in Meridian, Lauderdale Co, MS.
4. Lewis Arthur2 Knight (Arthur B.1) was born 04 Nov 1844 in Epps, Sumter Co, AL32,33,34,35,36,37, and died 1902 in Sumter Co, AL38. He married Mary E. Hare. She was born Abt. 1844 in Alabama39,40, and died in Alabama. Burial: Charcone Family Cemetery, Sumter Co, AL
1870 Sumter Co, AL Census, Township 22, Range 2 N, p. 380, #2-2
Children of Lewis Arthur Knight and Mary Hare are:
13 i. Joseph A.3 Knight, born 1867 in Sumter Co, AL41,42,43; died 1888 in Sumter Co, AL44.
14 ii. John Knight, born Abt. 1872 in Sumter Co, AL45.
15 iii. Mary Velma Knight, born 1874 in Sumter Co, AL46; died 187846.
Generation No. 3
12. Eva P.3 Knight (Henry Clay2, Arthur B.1) was born Oct 1897 in Prob. Kemper Co, MS47, and died 20 Apr 2000 in Meridian, Lauderdale Co, MS48. She married Samuel Calvin Hatcher49 06 Aug 1913 in Kemper Co, MS50, son of Joseph Hatcher and Anna Ezell. He was born 12 Dec 1894 in Tamola, MS51,52,53,54, and died 196655. Burial: Enondale Memorial Cemetery, Kemper Co, MS
The Meridian Star. Eva K. Hatcher (Homemaker) Graveside services for Eva K. Hatcher will be held today at 2pm at Enondale Memorial Cemetery, with the Rev. Randy Scarbrough officiating. Barham Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Mrs. Hatcher, 101, of Enondale Community, died Thursday, April 20, 2000 at Riley Hospital. She was a member of Enondale Memorial Church, where she served as the church pianist. Survivors include nine children, Arthur Hatcher, Eulena Smith, Catherine Long, S. C. Hatcher, Jr., Juanita Vasquez, Dorothy Keeton, and Ricky Hatcher; 45 grandchildren, 98 grant-grandchildren, 81 great-great-grandchildren, and two ggg-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, S. C. Hatcher, Sr., and three children, Verna Lee Hatcher, Joseph Henry Hatcher, and Lucille Hopper. The family requests memorials be made to Enondale Cemetery Fund or the Children's Home. Pallbearers will be her grandchildren.
1920 Kemper Co, MS Census, Beat 2, Township 9, Oak Grove, #179-179
Hatcher, Samuel Calvin, 22, Enondale, b 12 Dec 1894 in Tamola MS, Farmer, Wife & 2 children, Tall, Medium Build, Blue Eyes, Brown Hair, Precint Enondale (World War I Draft Registration Application)
Children of Eva Knight and Samuel Hatcher are:
16 i. Verna Lee4 Hatcher, born 191756,57; died 194558.
17 ii. Joseph Henry Hatcher, born 28 Apr 1915 in Kemper Co, MS59,60; died 24 May 196761. Burial: Enondale Cemetery, Kemper Co, MS
18 iii. Lucille Hatcher. She married Unknown Hopper.
19 iv. Arthur Hatcher, born Jan 191962.
20 v. Eulena Hatcher. She married Unknown Smith.
21 vi. Catherine Hatcher. She married Unknown Long.
22 vii. Samuel Calvin Hatcher, Jr..
23 viii. Juanita Hatcher. She married Unknown Vasquez.
24 ix. Dorothy Hatcher. She married Unknown Keeton.
25 x. Clarke Hatcher.
26 xi. Peggy Hatcher. She married Unknown Barncastle.
27 xii. Ricky Hatcher.
1. 1850 Sumter Co, AL Census.
Descendants of James Knox Polk Knight
Generation No. 1
1. James Knox Polk1 Knight was born 29 Jan 1846 in Mississippi1,2,3, and died 30 Apr 19194. He married Isabella B. Tims Abt. 18675, daughter of John Tims and Jane Knight. She was born 03 Apr 1839 in Sumter Co, AL6,7, and died 19 Jul 19158. Burial: Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Newton Co, MS
1900 Neshoba Co, MS Census, Beat 3, Supv Dist 5, ED43, p. 76,
Burial: Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Newton Co, MS
Children of James K. P. Knight and Isabella Tims are:
2 i. James L.2 Knight, born 18689; died 19169. He married Julie A. Keen 1886 in Neshoba Co, MS10; born 187111; died 192411. Burial: Rock Creek Baptist Church, Newton Co, MS
3 ii. Sarah Ann Knight, born 20 Jan 1870.
4 iii. Nancy Ann Knight, born 25 Jan 187212; died 21 Oct 195712. She married George Lafayette Davidson 1887 in Neshoba Co, MS13; born 14 Sep 186614; died 29 Nov 192414. Burial: Center Ridge Cemetery, Newton Co, MS
5 iv. John T. Knight, born 11 Oct 1873 in Mississippi15. He married F. K..
+ 6 v. William Jackson Knight, born 06 Jun 1875 in Alabama; died 25 Sep 1934.
7 vi. John Jefferson Knight, born 03 Mar 1877 in Mississippi16,17; died 07 Jul 1937. He married Sudie; born Abt. 1884 in Mississippi.
1920 Neshoba Co, MS Census, Mogulusha, District 84, Beat 3, Supv Dist 5, p. 195, #46-49, Farmer
8 vii. Laura Ann Knight, born 02 Mar 1880. She married L. R. Nelson 1898 in Neshoba Co, MS18.
9 viii. Elizabeth Knight, born 16 May 1882 in Mississippi19.
Generation No. 2
6. William Jackson2 Knight (James Knox Polk1) was born 06 Jun 1875 in Alabama20,21, and died 25 Sep 193422. He married Altha Viola Nelson 1897 in Neshoba Co, MS23,24, daughter of William Nelson and Amanda J.. She was born 01 Oct 1878 in Mississippi25,26, and died 24 Nov 196127. Burial: Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Newton Co, MS
1900 Newton Co, MS Census, Beat 2, Northern Division, p. 205,
Supv Dist 5, ED 50, #11-11
Children of William Jackson Knight and Altha Viola Nelson are:
10 i. Ophelia B.3 Knight, born Feb 1897 in Mississippi28,29. She married O. R. Skinner 1919 in Neshoba Co, MS30.
11 ii. Leroy Knight, born 18 Aug 1900 in Newton Co, MS31,32,33; died 30 Aug 195433. He married Clennie Boler 03 May 1924 in Newton Co, MS34; born 29 Jul 190735; died 07 Sep 197535. Burial: Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Newton Co, MS
12 iii. Filmore Knight, born Abt. 1903 in Newton Co, MS36,37.
13 iv. Agnes Knight, born Abt. 1905 in Newton Co, MS38,39.
14 v. Arlin Knight, born Abt. 1907 in Newton Co, MS40,41.
15 vi. Onborn Knight, born Abt. 1909 in Newton Co, MS42,43.
16 vii. Claiborne Knight, born Abt. 1911 in Mississippi44.
17 viii. Buford Atlea Knight, born 31 May 1914 in Mississippi45,46; died 26 Jul 1986 in Jackson, Hinds Co, MS47. He married Sara Catherine Whetstone 26 Dec 193348; born 24 Oct 1916 in Leake Co, MS49,50,51; died 02 Oct 2000 in Neshoba Co, MS52. Burial: Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Newton Co, MS
18 ix. Edwin Knight, born Abt. 1918 in Mississippi54.
1. Bonnie Addy Smith, Jackson Eliot Smith,
Robert Ervin Smith, Newton County MS - A Cemetery Census
1782-1995, (EBRS Publishing Co, 1997), 567.
03/29/2006 07:52:44 PM